Believe it or not, landscaping does add value to your property. We have always been told to focus on the interior of our house. To paint the walls a bright color, to choose furniture that complements the interior, and to pick out the best drapes. However, the backyard and landscaping are just as important. Here are some reasons how it adds value
- A well landscape home does have a significant price advantage over a home which does not have landscape. This means choosing a great landscape architect melbourne. This advantage ranges from 5.5 percent to 12.7 percent. In monetary terms, this means that if your home costs $300,000, you will have an extra value of $16,500 to $31,800. However, landscaping is not just restricted to flowers and bushes. It also includes the designing your backyard and front yard.
- The National Association of Realtors (NAR) and the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) stated that mowing about 2800 square feet of lawn, pruning shrubs and planting 60 annuals or perennials costs about $3000. However, it results in 100% return when you are selling your house
- If you have a landscape that has a mature garden, it will also help to add value. For instance, when a buyer comes over, the first thing they are going to see is your garden. If it has mature plants, it is obvious that it has been tended to for a number of years. This will also send a good impression about the interior on the buyers.
- A good garden design space with plants improve the quality of the air, thus giving the impression that you are living in a clean environment. This is a bonus point with new buyers.
- A huge garden space where you can hold events to socialize with neighbors also indicates a friendly environment which is another plus point with buyers.
- Having features such as water fountains in the middle of the garden will give your house an edge over similar houses. This is more so in neighborhoods where houses look similar to one another.
What you can do to add value
If you want to landscape to add value to your property, you can take some of the following steps.
- You can begin by keeping things simple. Even if you are not planning to sell your property in the near future, you can begin by growing shrubs and plants as these take a longer time to grow.
- Remember, people enjoy nature, the sun and outdoor space. You can have a landscaped patio which will raise the value of your home. Add some patio furniture and you will be surprised by how many buyers are attracted to your house.
- Install lightning so that visitors know where they are going, especially if you are to invite them to see your house after dark. Plus, having colorful lights will only add value to your home as it will give a mesmerizing look to your house.
While most people ignore the value of the garden, it is important that it not be overlooked especially if you are planning to sell your house at some point.